Our client is a large not for profit human service and group home provider with 23 group homes and three large day facilities. The business office is in Andover. The long-time incumbent is transitioning to an oversight role prior to retirement. Initially reporting to the Associate Executive Director/CFO during her transition to retirement, and eventually reporting to the Executive Director (with potential future growth to Chief Financial Officer), your hands-on responsibilities will include managing accounting and finance functions (directly and indirectly, 12 associates), including:
• Jumping right in to catch up on accounting work and assisting with fiscal year-end audit,
• Developing trust, keeping confidences
• Ensuring regulatory reports are accurate and filed on time
• Ensuring fiscal year-end audit is completed efficiently; maintaining good relationships with external auditors
• Ensuring accounting records are maintained timely and up to date, establishing budget and reporting on progress
• Maintaining vehicle fleet; managing vendor contracts; managing cash flow. Managing creatively with limited resources. Directing • capital project funding.
• Ensuring the accounting and finance team work well together, building and coaching the team
• Communicating with and educating senior management on the financial implications of their decisions
• Other duties as assigned from time to time.
You should possess a B.S. in Accounting or equivalent, Master’s degree desired, 4-7 years’ hands-on experience in similar role (strong preference given to candidates with CPA firm experience in the DDS and DSS space). Work experience with Connecticut DDS residential and day provider agencies. Familiarity with state DSS and DDS regulatory requirements, including billing and reporting, is essential. Your managerial experience will include ensuring financial statements are prepared, analyzed and presented to the Finance Committee and to the Board, building and maintaining Electronic Medical Records, working with external auditors, managing Sage or other ERP software, computer knowledge including Microsoft Office. You should have a significant attention to detail, an ability to analyze, interpret and communicate financial information, an ability to handle complexity, and ability to work with all levels within the organization including the Board and committees.
Client is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer M/F/D/V