Title: Territory Manager, Connecticut, Western Massachusetts, and Vermont
Background: Our waterworks supply distributorship is looking for a highly motivated territory manager to build relationships with current and potential customers and drive education and sales. Stiles Company has been in business since 1983 and have a long history of excellent work. Under the new ownership of long-time Stiles salesman Ian Kasowitz and his wife Katie, we’re looking for a vibrant, driven, and enthusiastic outside sales representative to cover the Western portion of New England.
This role requires that you are on the road 85-90% of your time traveling to meet customers and prospects, though all during a municipal workday (7am-4pm) with very little overnight hotel stay required. This role reports to the Vice President and is best suited for a self-starter who wants to have an immediate impact by delivering results in an entrepreneurial environment. Candidate must be trustworthy and reliable.
A minimum of a high school diploma or GED is required and proficiency with computers is a must. Candidate must have a valid driver’s license and no more than one moving violation in the past three years.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- In person sales call to all cities/towns in territory every 4-6 weeks (1,000+ services), every quarter (500-1,000 services)
- Keep up to date spreadsheet/CRM software with contacts, leads, decision makers, system specs
- Attend all trade shows in territory
- Responsible for getting all bid tabulations for any meter or material RFPs/bids etc
- Build relationships with water departments and engineers, educate them on how Stiles products and services work and why they would benefit from them
- Stay up to date on product knowledge for entire product line
- Monitor the industry competitors, new products, and market conditions to understand a customer’s specific needs
- Maintain and grow relationships with existing customers
- Develop new customer relationships to grow sales and build market share
- Work with office to identify opportunities for customer education/class offerings
- Sales forecasting/opportunities
In addition to the role described above, Stiles Company encourages our employees to take on different challenges and ideas to help grow our overall business.
Please send resume and cover letter to Katie@stilesco.com